Contingency plan – Coronavirus
9 March 2020
LATEST MEASURES INTRODUCED BY THE GOVERNMENT
The Prime Minister introduced new country-wide restrictions aimed at containing the spread of the COVID-19 virus through the closure of all commercial outlets, with the only exceptions of FOOD STORES and PHARMACIES, whose services are deemed essential.
OUR COMPANY’S CONDUCT
In compliance with the newly-introduced emergency measures, the decision has been made to:
- Limit office occupancy at all times,
- Set up a shift rotation system in all departments,
- Increase the physical distance among employees in the workplace at all times,
- Activate and facilitate home-working,
- Allow employees wishing to go on leave the opportunity to do so,
- Issue an internal health & safety bulletin providing guidance on the conduct to be adopted in the event of contagion.
RULES OF CONDUCT FOR THE EXPORT SUPPLY CHAIN
- All drivers to be screened for coronavirus symptoms under Hauliers’ responsibility,
- All drivers to have their temperature checked prior to leaving Italy,
- The itinerary of each delivery to be tracked and recorded from point of loading to final destination (point of loading, countries crossed, destination…)
- All freight transfers from one haulier to another while in transit to the final destination / swat&drop will have to be logged
STATUS OF CIRCULATION, DELIVERIES AND AVAILABILITY OF GOODS
- No restrictions currently exist, affecting the free circulation of foodstuffs, nor has any specific danger been identified, of the virus being transmitted via objects and/or food (whether long-life or fresh), as confirmed by the WHO and by Italy’s Public Health Authority (Istituto Superiore di Sanità).
- Possible customs restrictions upon entry into Switzerland and Austria will be investigated.
- We are in constant contact with our production and supply chain partners and all developments are monitored round-the-clock. No significant departures from normality have emerged so far and we can therefore confirm continuity of our services.
- We are in the process of assessing workforce status at some production sites, as this could have a limited bearing on the overall quality and punctuality of the service.
- We confirm once again that Atlante is available to receive, manage and supply orders for all existing ranges and also for additional products which could represent an opportunity. For the sake of clarity, however, we point out that the option of offering new products in addition to the current ones cannot be guaranteed indefinitely and we will have to manage it on a first-come-first-served basis.
- We have had reports, that the intermodal circulation of goods such as beers, sauces, milk, etc. might suffer delays and changes in procedure. We are conducting a case-by-case assessment, which will guide our decisions on any corrective measures that may be needed to guarantee a regular service